There are many benefits of swimming and regardless of your current swimming level, you can always benefit from all of them.
Most valuable benefits of swimming
- Swimming reduces the risk of diseases
– Swimming is a great form of cardiovascular workout. Accordingly, adding 30 minutes of swimming into your weekly schedule can help you to protect against heart disease, stroke and as well as type 2 diabetes.
- It helps to support the body
– Swimming can help you to recover from injuries. The buoyancy of the water helps to support up to 90 percent of the body’s weight, helping to reduce the amount of pressure and stress placed on the joints. Therefore swimming is just another great way to stay active even if you injured or sprained your joints.
- Swimming helps you to recover your energy balance
– Nowadays, individuals most of the time lack of energy due to inactivity. Swimming just 3 times per week, however, can help you to improve your metabolism which, in turn, will boost your energy levels throughout the day.
- You do not need to get sweaty when you exercise
– If you avoid some kinds of workouts or exercises due to the fact that you just do not want to get sweat, then swimming is just the right workout for you. Because, no matter how hard you perform the swimming exercise, the water around you always keeps you cool and you never feel sweaty.
- Swimming relaxes your muscles and your mind
– In the modern world, there are lots of factors contributing to the stress levels we get every single day whether it is work stressing us out or just life in general. If you feel stressed like this, then help is not far away. Because regular swimming will not only reduce your stress levels, it also will help you reduce anxiety, depression and as well as improve your sleeping. In addition, you do not need to become a swimming champion in order to start feeling the mental benefits of swimming. It just takes a light swim.
- Swimming is a full body workout
– Regardless of which swimming technique or skill you use, all your muscles work during the swimming sessions. Because swimming uses all the muscles in your body. In addition, the resistance of the water helps you to workout more, since 30 minutes of activity in the pool is worth 45 minutes of the same exercise performed on land.
- Burn more calories
– Compared to other kinds of workouts like running and cycling, swimming is a better workout in term of burning calories faster and losing weight. In fact, swimming is one of the most effective ways to burn calories. If you swim just 30 minutes at a low intensity you will burn more than 200 calories, and this is double that of walking. In addition, faster swimming will burn more calories than running or cycling.
No matter how old you are, you can always see the benefits of swimming if you take it regularly. If you want to experience with all the advantages of swimming, head over to Aquastream Swim School which is #1 swimming center in terms of being a modern facility, quality and the most important one – customer satisfaction.