We inform you that the City of Vaughan has released the notice of requirements to attend non-essential business, which Aquastream Swim School belongs to.
Swimmers and their guardians may continue entering the facility for their swimming lessons if they fall into one of the following categories:
– Swimmer is under 12 years of age, and their guardian is fully vaccinated
– Swimmer is over 12 years of age, and they are fully vaccinated as well as their guardians
– Swimmer who is exempt from the vaccine and their guardian is fully vaccinated
– Swimmers under 12 years of age and their guardian is exempt from the vaccine
– Swimmer over 12 years and fully vaccinated, and their guardian is exempt from the vaccine
– Swimmer and guardian who are both exempt from the vaccine
Unfortunately, if none of these categories apply to the swimmer and guardian, we will not allow entry into the facility.
For swimmers who are under 12 years of age and whose guardians are not vaccinated, we are willing to offer a door pick-up and door drop-off service.
Alternatively, if a guardian wishes to enter the facility but they do not fall into one of the 6 above-mentioned categories, they will need to provide proof of a PCR (COVID) test completed 48 hours prior to the swimmer’s class.
We will be keeping an eye on news from the Ontario Public Health and Canadian Public Health Organizations.
- If you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and see a doctor.
- Use hand sanitizers upon entering the facility
- Shower with soap before entering the pool and after leaving it
- If you have travelled or been out of the country, inform us immediately and stay at home and self-quarantine yourself for 14 days.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Take your temperature and the student’s temperature upon entering the facility – Only one guardian entering the facility with the student(s)
- No additional spectators are allowed in the facility during the lesson
- Do not enter the facility more than 15 minutes prior to the start of the class – Please refrain from shaking hands with others
- Wear a mask at all times while inside the facility. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, we ask that you wait outside of the facility
- COVID-19 News Monitoring – News is being actively followed by multiple sources daily since December 2019.
- COVID-19 Planning Meetings – AQUASTREAM is continuously meeting and updating our policies in order to remain a safe facility for you and our staff.
- Supplies – AQUASTREAM is fully equipped with supplies for disinfection. Re-purchasing continues ahead of time to ensure no shortages.
- Technical Preparedness – Chlorine levels will be more stringently monitored. We already keep the chlorine levels at a level that guarantees the full disinfection of both bacteria and viruses. Our technology automatically controls chlorine and pH levels in the pool 24/7, and the dehumidifier controls the air quality 24/7.
- Stations – Hand Sanitizer Stations are located at the following locations: Main Entrance, Front Desk, changing rooms and pool gallery.
- Soap Dispensers – Soap dispensers are available at all sinks.
- Building and Equipment Cleaning Plan – We will be actively cleaning and disinfecting every surface in the building as well as all equipment at our pool.